Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Move. Forward...


I drive my middle son crazy. He is a little worrier who believes anything I tell him. That is not a good combination when it comes to hanging around with me. J The other day I was driving backwards out of our long driveway and Grady asked, “Why are we going backwards?” In all sincerity I said, “It’s a new thing daddy is trying. We are going to go all the way to the restaurant 
going backwards.” (I know, I’m terrible) 
As only a mommy can do, my wife stepped in to settle him back down by letting him know that daddy was just kidding. 

In everyday life though, I wonder how many people live their days looking in the rearview mirror instead of through the windshield? So many do not like what they see in front of them so they choose to look back to the good ole days. Many others do not want to face the oncoming struggles that it will take to move beyond what they have been chained to, so they look back upon a past that continues to affect their present. And still, others do not have the wherewithal to watch where they are going so they just drive around in circles.

(Forest Hill, MD)

Taking the time to remember where we came from will affect our present, but keeping our eyes focused on the road ahead is of utmost importance.



Jesus said in Luke 9:62, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

Far too many wrecks are occurring along the road of life for this very reason. Then we put the blame squarely upon the shoulders of God when it was truly our own decision to not keep our eyes focused in the right direction.

A stern warning was given when God said, ‘Remember Lot’s wife.’ (Luke 17)
Don’t get caught looking back to things that were meant and intended to be destroyed.

(City Pier - Broadway St.)
Baltimore, MD
It’s worth the struggle. It’s worth every obstacle. Run this race with patience and keep your eyes focused on what lies ahead.

Move. Forward.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME words & a message I needed to hear today!! Love you bubba, Big Sis

    ReplyDelete